Re: [patriotzip] Re: Bowling Green/Idaho

  • Machado.Nicholas
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2010
      I'll take guys like Givens on the team anytime. Hated to see him leave and never had that sour taste I got with Branch, Milloy and Samuel etc.

      Harry

      At 07:42 AM 12/31/2009 -0800, you wrote:

      I can't fault Givens for taking the money that was offered.  He was a 7th round pick that didn't make alot of money or signing bonus.  He took an offer the Pats were not willing to offer.  As it turned out, he got hurt and ended his career prematurely.  This is the risk that every player in the NFL takes.  I always liked Givens and wish we had more players like him.  He was a tremendous downfield blocker and turned himeself into a very reliable receiver.  His catch in Super Bowl 39 and pose (showing off the guns) will be my memory of him.  Just so happened to be right in front of me at the SB.

      From: Ghost of Patriots Past <chiz3914@...>
      To: "da List" <patriots@...>, "Kirk" <k_luedeke@...>
      Date: Wednesday, December 30, 2009, 8:16 PM

      * He only caught 17 passes-:) Gave him 155 for the year and a new record..
      Had 22 in a game this year. But scouts don't like him much because he only runs a 4.6. Maybe he's the kind of guy you
      ignore his combine stats.

      Steve - combine that