The Karma Continues

  • philw1776@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 16, 2002
      from ESPN...

      Still, Martz doesn't get it. After failing on a 4th-and-2 in the fourth quarter of the Broncos loss, trading a fairly certain field goal and a tie game for the chance to show everyone his superior offensive mind, Martz stayed defiant last week. As it turned out, opening week was just an extension of the Super Bowl, when the Patriots flooded the secondary with defensive backs, daring Martz to run the ball. He has the best runner in the game, Marshall Faulk, but insisted on passing into the teeth of the New England defense. Winning his way was more important than winning at all.

      Stubbornness faded into sheer stupidity on Sunday, when Martz confessed to forgetting Rams starting left guard Tom Nutten had left the game with a concussion when the coach called a running play for Marshall Faulk. This was 4th and 1 in the fourth quarter, the game on the line. The Giants tossed aside his replacement, Heath Irwin, stopping Faulk. Always, it is something with Martz. Always, a self-inflicted drama.
      ********************

      Heath Freakin' Irwin!
      Life cannot get better.  It just can't.

      -philw (waiting for BB's mole Grant Williams to help us out next)

    • Rob Bosch
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 16, 2002
        Heath Irwin is a mystery to me. He was a horrible guard for the
        Patriots...couldn't pass block to save his life. This earned him, for some
        reason, a contract offer and a raise from the Dolphins. And now he is on the
        Rams getting tossed around like a rag doll. How do these guys stick around
        in the NFL for so long?

        -Pats Freak

        game, Marshall <http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=2728>

        <http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=3433> Nutten had left
        the game with a concussion when the coach called a running play for Marshall
        Faulk. This was 4th and 1 in the fourth quarter, the game on the line. The
        Giants tossed aside his replacement, Heath
        <http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=3570> Irwin, stopping
        Faulk. Always, it is something with Martz. Always, a self-inflicted drama.

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
      • George R
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 16, 2002
          --- Rob Bosch <rbosch@...> wrote:

          > Heath Irwin is a mystery to me. He was a horrible guard for the
          > Patriots...couldn't pass block to save his life. This earned him, for
          > some reason, a contract offer and a raise from the Dolphins. And now
          > he is on the Rams getting tossed around like a rag doll. How do these
          > guys stick around in the NFL for so long?
          >
          > -Pats Freak

          ***** Check Congress. The NFL is full of great players by comparison.

          =====
          George 665 + 36 =