A small request??

    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 18, 2009
      Could I just throw something out there? Was going to email Randy off-list, but maybe I'll just ask it on here. It's a Patriots list and that's what I love about it..absolutely a great group of people and I love you all (ahhh....). Lately it seems as though several times a week we have to hear about Peyton Manning this and the Colts that. I'm just wondering if maybe we could change that? The ones that seem to love the Colts and Manning (or any other team) could join a football discussion list and then talk about those other teams? They could discuss any other team's exploits or any other player's greatness and then we could keep it to the Patriots exploits here?
      Each poster's own opinions belong to them and that's great, but this is for the Patriots discussions. After the 2007 Super Bowl that one poster kept on yakking about the Giants this and Manning that and it made me want to unsubscribe.
      Love this list Randy!!

      Susan

    • Aamir Majeed

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 18, 2009

          Most weeks it's not in agreement with George, but rather all by yourself in commenting on the Colts. Why don't you just join a football discussion list and then it can be all about the other teams and other people will want to discuss it with you? It's getting tiresome to read the comments every single week.
          If the Patriots play a certain team, then it's natural to discuss that team and their performance against them or the players on that team, but other than that it's Patriots.

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 18, 2009
            But that's not true, Ms. Moore. George posted at least half a dozen times about two teams other than the Patriots last night, meaning these Colts and Panthers, of course. It is natural as the season draws  to a close to watch other winning teams with great interest because we may well be playing these very teams ourselves soon enough. In that regard, they are very much part of the Patriot discussion. I, like George, have to respect a team that is now 14-0 and continues with their amazing comebacks.. But I am a Patriots fan first. And so is my 7 year old son. In fact, he will proudly wear his Patriot jersey when the Jaguars come to town. He looks adorable in it. Maybe this time I will paint his face:) Go Pats!

            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 18, 2009
              There is a mechanism, which simply requires the use of capital letters LPC, by which the author of a post can disclose that in his or her own view, the post has low Patriots content.

              There is also the delete key.

              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 18, 2009
                Any discussion of what is appropriate for this list should be sent privately to me. If I believe someone is violating
                the stated intent of this list or the spirit of this list I will notify them and if I believe it warranted I will
                remove them from the list.

                So if you have concerns email them to me though you can be assured I am already evaluating posts or posters who I feel
                are a concern to the list.

                No further discussion of this is appropriate for the list in general but as always may be directed to me privately.

                Randy as Moderator and list owner
              • Machado.Nicholas
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 18, 2009
                  Hey Susan,

                  I'm not crazy about PM either and I do not think he is funny. When others talk favourably about him you might feel better by remembering (and maybe pointing out) that PM had little success against the Pats until the people who run his team got it out of our division so they wouldn't have to play us and usually lose twice a year during the season giving them no shot at the playoffs. At the time PM was well on his way to developing a complex that he couldn't ever beat NE especially when it mattered. But that still didn't work so to win their first playoff game against the Pats they needed to turn the heat in their stadium up so much that even the announcers remarked about how hot it was to wear down the Pats - many of whom had the flu and had just endured a very tough away playoff game against the Chargers. There was also something to do with jamming our communication equipment I believe - someone correct me if I am wrong please. Their front office had to go to a lot of trouble to save PM that deer-in-the-headlights look that we all enjoyed so much. I like to call it manipulation that borders on cheating so anything the team and PM has done after that deserves an asterick IMO because I believe without those and other manipulations PM would be just another QB who didn't fullfil his promise.

                  Besides the fact that they draft well I don't respect the Colts any more than I did the Montreal Canadians all those years they won 22 Stanley Cups (hockey's SB) while having exclusive rights to every prospective draft pick within 50 miles of Montreal, which was sort of like giving them the option to pick as many players as they wanted in the entire first round. Since that rule was changed they have won 2 cups.

                  Some teams and players (like our Pats) win because they are good and can overcome any obstacle their sport can throw at them. Others like to tilt the field wherever they can. Just gives me more pride in and respect for teams like the Pats.

                  Harry