Re: [patriotzip] The Guys Who Didn't Practice on Weds.

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 14, 2009
      Sending those guys home wasn't imo so much to inspire them as to make it clear to the entirety of the team how serious
      BB is about the commitment he feels is necessary. So I wouldn't have expected it to inspire those four guys. Now how
      each responded to the situation was very telling.

      AD took no personal responsibility and is effectively off this team. I only wish they could have made him sit in the
      rain for it...though he'd probably have been late! ;-)

      Moss is generalyy a very sensitive player and he's in the midst of a tough run anyhow. It wasn't a surprise that he
      played less than well but how poorly he played did surprise me. I'll take his blockng as a sign of some hope.

      Now Burgess said the right things in my mind. He didn't like being sent home but he took ownership of his part in
      making that happen and was clear on how to ensure it wouldn't happen again.

      Guyton as we now know showed up that night and did more film study - remaining silent to the media but clearly checking
      in to the team.

      The play that tells me the message was received is the sack where Guyton and Burgess combined for it on the Panthers
      final third down. They were playing hard whether well or not I think they were both playing mostly their typical game.

      Burgess is said to be working hard all year and just not getting it done on gameday...this puts him a far cry from
      Adelius imo.

      Now with Warren speaking out against AD I think it shows he's off the team in their minds and they are rallying around
      the team. We'll see...