Brady was a game-time decision

  • Rich Carreiro
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 14, 2009
      After the fact, BB admits Brady was a game-time decision:

      FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Patriots coach Bill Belichick said that
      quarterback Tom Brady's health was a concern right up to
      game-time Sunday, and that there was a question in regards to his
      status.

      "We waited until game-time to see exactly all the ... to make the
      final decision," he said. "We thought there was certainly a
      chance that he would play, a good chance that he would play, but
      also a concern. That's why it was listed the way it was."

      Brady was questionable on the injury report with rib, right
      finger, and right shoulder injuries.

      Belichick is often reluctant to touch on injury-type situations,
      but this seemed like a chance for him to tip his cap to Brady's
      toughness by acknowledging how serious his condition was leading
      up to the game.

      [Reiss]

      --
      Rich Carreiro rlcarr@...