Brady Jr. and QB situation

  • Rich Carreiro
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 5, 2009
      As I recall, Brady Jr. #2 is due any time now.

      And yet we still have no 3rd QB. Is BB really
      trusting Hoyer to start a "we need the win"
      December game if the birth has bad timing
      relative to gameday?

      --
      Rich Carreiro rlcarr@...
    • Machado.Nicholas
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 5, 2009
        I thought Hoyer had a great camp and showed poise, elusiveness, good pocket presence, very good running skills and very good accuracy in the fourth pre-season game. He also got better as the game progressed. Had me thinking of Steve McNair now and then. I would feel at least as comfortable with him coming in now as I did with Cassel with the extra years of experience coming in for Brady in the first game last year, probably more so.

        In pre-season Hoyer started and played the entire fourth game against the NY Giants who played their first stringers into the second half. The Pats were down 21-0 at the end of the first quarter and Hoyer led them to a 38-27 win throwing 25 times for 18 completions, 1 TD and no interceptions. He also ran for 22 yards including one run for 10 yds.
        http://library.kraftsportsgroup.com/20090903_gamebook.pdf

        You know BB and QB's. This kid was an undrafted free-agent. I'm only half kidding when I say he's got to be at least as good as Brady someday.

        Harry