Dolphins, stop Henne, don't worry so much about wildcat.

  • colorfulgibbon1963
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2009
      This is a version of the basketball theory, let Wilt score, stop the other four guys.

      So, applied to football, you play good sound defense, and you don't worry so much about the bells and whistles of this fancy offense.

      -Roger
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2009
        Well the Wildcat lost it's teeth considerably when the shark bit Ronnie Brown. I'm sorry for his injury and think it
        significantly changed the challenge of that offensive set for Miami. The key to the Wildcat we reasonably understood
        from an assignment perspective, when they added the Pat White twist of an option it took a moment only to remind the
        team what defensive responsibilities exist. I'm sure they will have a wrinkle or two for us and I"m sure they will be
        fired up after their loss to Buffalo as well as how much they have on the line in the game against us. A loss pretty
        well removes them from contention so we'll get their best shot I'm reasonably certain.

        Now Ricky Williams was drafted a Saint and that sure seems to be a problem for us presently. Heck Archie Manning
        hasn't been a saint for a long time and his boys still get to us a bit.

        Ultimately though I think the Pats will know their defensive responsibilities against Miami and we'll probably face
        more traditional offense than not against them.

      • colorfulgibbon1963
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 1, 2009
          >I'm sure they will have a wrinkle or two for us and I"m sure they >will be
          > fired up after their loss to Buffalo as well as how much they have

          That is, it's going to be a football game! And that's exactly what we want.

          -Rog