Re: This season hasn't begun yet.

  • Ed Bryant
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 30, 2009
      Remind me again.  Was it Indy that beat the Patriots 59-0?

      The Saints haven't had the luxury of a close game unless you count the 28-23 win over the Rams.  The 2007 New England Patriots managed four close games, but were still vulnerable come February.

      Indy has played almost nothing but close games and will be battle-tested, but are they not less likely to get to February than the Saints are?   The NFC seems to have two teams head and shoulders above the rest, and between them, they have only lost to Pittsburgh, one of several teams which could follow Tennessee's example by beating Indy physically and playing 60 minutes.  You heard it here first: Tennessee goes over 225 on the ground next Sunday and takes the Colts down.

      We need better angles if we hope to tackle the Saints next time, though.  At times tonight, it looked like eleven James Sanders, taking geometry for the fourth time, and still flunking!

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2009
        I'm with David not George in that we played with the AFC teams including the Colts...outplayed them for most of the
        game and so I do not for a moment think the season is over nro the second season. Winning out and performing well will
        teach me many things based on how we do it. I'm not throwing out last night though it was the Saints best game and one
        of our worst. I think we have severe problems and I do share the notion that they Dynasty Days are Done - that doesn't
        mean we can't become a Champion though there's much to grow and show if we have any real chance of being there in
        January.

      • David Price
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 1, 2009
          Randy, I'm not convinced either that a championship is out of reach.  Lest we forget in 2001 the Rams smucked the Pats in the regular season, but the Superbowl was another story wasn't it?  Of course there were more weeks in the season for the team to grow at that point, but we can't completely give up on them.  Drew Brees was perfect.  You just can't coach that.  He was awesome.  He's a great quarterback, but nobody is that good week in and week out.  This Patriots team still matches up well with the rest of the AFC.  "Get to the tournament, then anything can happen," isn't that what Parcells used to say.  In 2007, our beloved Patriots were nearly unstoppable.  Nearly.  A team they beat in the regular season took them down in the Superbowl.  These things happen.

          Dave

          > To: patriotzip@yahoogroups.com
          > From: alaric02@...
          > Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 07:54:40 -0500
          > Subject: Re: [patriotzip] Are You Ready?
          >
          > I'm with David not George in that we played with the AFC teams including the Colts...outplayed them for most of the
          > game and so I do not for a moment think the season is over nro the second season. Winning out and performing well will
          > teach me many things based on how we do it. I'm not throwing out last night though it was the Saints best game and one
          > of our worst. I think we have severe problems and I do share the notion that they Dynasty Days are Done - that doesn't
          > mean we can't become a Champion though there's much to grow and show if we have any real chance of being there in
          > January.
          >
          > Go Pats!
          > Zip

          > <*> Your email settings:
          > Individual Email | Traditional
          >
          > <*> To change settings online go to:
          > (Yahoo! ID required)
          >
          > <*> To change settings via email:
          > patriotzip-digest@yahoogroups.com
          > patriotzip-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          Windows LiveT Hotmail is faster and more secure than ever. Learn more.