Another OC Criticism

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 30, 2009
      Clear Day

      The Patriots are ALWAYS too slow getting the plays in. Brady has just 2-3 seconds to check the defense, and get the snap off on EVERY DAMN PLAY. It just cost them a time out. Most of the time, it allows the Saints D to know when they're going to snap it, because it's always with ONE SECOND left on the clock!!

      BRING  BACK CHARLIE!

      And they fail on 4th down.

      What a disaster. They don't belong on the same field with the Saints.

      George

    • David Price
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 30, 2009
        I know George.   At least you can't disagree with Bill for going for it though.  It REALLY felt like a field goal would be meaningless there.  They needed 7 to at least attempt to keep pace with the Saints.

        To: patriotzip@yahoogroups.com
        From: patswingr@...
        Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 10:50:13 +0700
        Subject: [patriotzip] Another OC Criticism

        Clear Day

        The Patriots are ALWAYS too slow getting the plays in. Brady has just 2-3 seconds to check the defense, and get the snap off on EVERY DAMN PLAY. It just cost them a time out. Most of the time, it allows the Saints D to know when they're going to snap it, because it's always with ONE SECOND left on the clock!!
        BRING  BACK CHARLIE!
        And they fail on 4th down.
        What a disaster. They don't belong on the same field with the Saints.

        George

        Hotmail: Trusted email with Microsoft's powerful SPAM protection. Sign up now.
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 30, 2009
          Clear Day
          Oh, there was no doubt that he had to go for it in this situation, Dave. Hell, he's down by two TDs against a team that you KNOW is going to score at least two more TDs before this is over. A FG there would have been useless. But again, we haven't got a play designed that can pick up 4 yards against a team with a depleted secondary. Our OC sucks!

          George

          To: patriotzip@yahoogro ups.com

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 30, 2009
            On a positive note George, Charlie could be back next year.

            Sadly, it will kind of lessen the Patriots achievement of an undefeated regular season, when 2 undefeated teams meet in the Superbowl, won't it?

            Dave in Peabody

            To: patriotzip@yahoogroups.com
            From: patswingr@...
            Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 10:56:24 +0700

            To: patriotzip@yahoogro ups.com

            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 30, 2009
              Pats have no chance unless they get a turnover here.

              To: patriotzip@yahoogroups.com
              From: patswingr@...
              Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 10:56:24 +0700

              To: patriotzip@yahoogro ups.com

              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 1, 2009
                This point bothers me the most about our OC and system. One of Brady's strengths has been reading the defense, making
                adjustments and getting the right play for the situation. Getting the play this late really inhibits this past
                strength of his work and as such is really disheartening to realize the coaching is actually hurting his performance by
                their failings.