Bruschi on the Miami Game

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 6, 2009
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 6, 2009
        Good article, as always. Tedy's inputs are great.

        The element that grabs me most in this game is his note about Pat White. It
        almost seems that the Dolphins have kept him off the field intentionally,
        waiting to spring him on the Patriots. Through 8 games, he has exactly 16
        pass attempts (6/16/31yds, 1 INT) and 11 rush attempts for 38 yds). I'll
        have my eyes open for that, as Tedy suggests:

        "Dan Henning is the Dolphins' offensive coordinator, and with that I think
        there is a high possibility the Patriots will be seeing a new wrinkle. The
        Patriots were the team initially caught off guard, and this year I think the
        new wrinkle could be Pat White. He can run the Wildcat and also be an
        accurate thrower as he showed in college at West Virginia. So that will be
        interesting to watch."

        In any case, I fully expect to see more pass attempts than usual out of the
        Wildcat against the Patriots; whether by White, or following pitchouts from
        Brown to Henne. Use of this formation as a nearly pure run formation has run
        it's course against good defensive teams. But increasing use of the passing
        options may give it a renewed life. Hopefully, the Patriots secondary will
        be prepared for that metamorphosis, and postpone that renewed life.

        George

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 9, 2009
            Impressive? I'd expect nothing less.

            George