Galloway OUT, Welker IN

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 4, 2009
      Clear Day

      So, what does this mean for our formations?

      This may be a silly, way off base, guess, BUT ...

      What if the Patriots came out with 2 RBs, a TE, and 2 WRs? (I'm old enough to remember when most teams did that every week!) They could start with the two RBs behind Brady, and shift into all kinds of variations. All 4 of our RBs are good receivers. They could really confuse the Ravens LBs and DBs with shifts and motion from the RBs. Stay in for a run? Stay in to block? Shift one or both RBs into a wing or slot position? Send a RB in motion before the snap? Great versatility to handle the overload tactic of the Ravens, too!

      Of course, this would only happen if they have planned it, and practiced it, during the week. But I love the idea!

      The one thing I feel comfortable in saying is that we won't miss Galloway. Whether they do something like I've described above, or just put Aiken and/or Edelman out there as the WR opposite Moss, with Welker in his usual slot position; it can't be worse than having Galloway, who has zero sync with Brady, taking up space.

      George

    • Steve Basile
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 4, 2009
        Re: [patriotzip] Galloway OUT, Welker IN Mayo is still out, but Wilfork is IN too according to Sal Palantonio at ESPN.

        Hopeful as ever,

        Baze

        --
        Steve Basile