RE: Reiss's supposition on Welker

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 29, 2009
      I suspect that many of us have had the same unspoken concern. I know that I
      have.

      The only bright spot is that we have Edelman to step in. He has shown the
      same quickness, and YAC ability and desire, that we get from Welker. It's
      reasonable to assume that his knowledge of the playbook, and timing with
      Brady, will improve with more time on the field. The one thing that isn't a
      guarantee is that his hands will improve; but we can hope for it. He's a
      long way from fully replacing Welker; but, with the improvements noted, he
      can significantly lessen the impact of the change.

      It would also help, of course, if he had another outside WR to take some
      pressure off of him. Say Sam Nunn for now, and Brandon Tate after Week 6?
      And, yes, continuing improvement in Brady's accuracy; which I think we all
      believe will happen.

      George