Seymour traded!

  • frankdanabrewster
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 6, 2009
      Adam Schefter confirms, Richard Seymour traded to Oakland for 1sr rounder in 2011!

      Shocker!

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 6, 2009
        And another Patriots jersey becomes a collectors item! Just a replica though. Bruschi is the only "official" jersey I own. Too damn hot here to wear that one! :-)

        George

        Adam Schefter confirms, Richard Seymour traded to Oakland for 1sr rounder in 2011!

        Shocker!

        fdb

      • frankdanabrewster
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 6, 2009
          Could this help pave the way for resigning Wilfork? They were both due.

          > And another Patriots jersey becomes a collectors item! Just a replica
          > though. Bruschi is the only "official" jersey I own. Too damn hot here to
          > wear that one! :-)
          > George
          >

          > _____

        • Machado.Nicholas
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 6, 2009
            Wow! Not only did they trade him but they sent him to NFL purgatory. RS may not be a happy camper this morning.

            Harry

            At 03:24 PM 9/6/2009 +0000, you wrote:

            Adam Schefter confirms, Richard Seymour traded to Oakland for 1sr rounder in 2011!

            Shocker!

            "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
          • Machado.Nicholas
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 6, 2009
              I have no doubt this trade got Wilfork's attention. The idea of playing in Oakland for the next few years might soften his trade stance but I don't think the Pats did it because they wanted to influence Wilfork. And I don't think this move was so the Pats can give Wilfork the store especially given the emergence of Ron Brace in camp and the success the Pats have had giving out big contracts. Since Seymour got his he's spent a lot of time injured as has Adalius Thomas.

              Harry