Seymour GONE!

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 6, 2009
      Clear Day

      OK, I have to say that I am totally stunned by this trade, for the following reasons:

      1. Most, including me, have said that our D is going to take a few weeks to gel, with all the new players coming in. Now, we've lost one of the lynchpins to that D.

      2. It appears that we are moving to more 4-3 sets, largely due to a thin LB corps. Seymour's departure significantly weakens the DL corps, which, it would seem, should be kept as strong and deep as possible in a 4-3 defense.

      As always, I add the caveat that BB has proven that he knows what he's doing; and I am, regardless of how closely I follow the team, no more than a fan, and, by definition, relatively uniformed of the big picture within the team.

      That said, I have my fingers crossed on this one. The potential for serious problems on the defense looms large, in my view.

      George

    • Machado.Nicholas
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 6, 2009
        This is totally unexpected but there are many new faces in camp and around the league and plenty I don't know so I will defer to my number one rule with the Pats; In Bill I Trust.

        Harry

        At 10:23 PM 9/6/2009 +0700, you wrote:

        OK, I have to say that I am totally stunned by this trade, for the following reasons:

        1. Most, including me, have said that our D is going to take a few weeks to gel, with all the new players coming in. Now, we've lost one of the lynchpins to that D.

        2. It appears that we are moving to more 4-3 sets, largely due to a thin LB corps. Seymour's departure significantly weakens the DL corps, which, it would seem, should be kept as strong and deep as possible in a 4-3 defense.

        As always, I add the caveat that BB has proven that he knows what he's doing; and I am, regardless of how closely I follow the team, no more than a fan, and, by definition, relatively uniformed of the big picture within the team.

        That said, I have my fingers crossed on this one. The potential for serious problems on the defense looms large, in my view.

        "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
      • frankdanabrewster
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 6, 2009
          It's been fun reading the comments on the sports sites on this deal. Al Davis is getting skewered! Most people seem to think it's a coup for the Pats. I'll miss Seymour. He's been great. But I also like the deal.

          My favorite one line comment...

          "This wouldn't have happened if Al Davis was still alive."