Not A Good Year For OCs!

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 4, 2009
      Clear Day

      Van Pelt expected to be named OC

      ESPNews reports the
      Buffalo Bills have fired offensive coordinator Turk Schonert. Quarterbacks coach Alex Van Pelt is expected to be the team's next offensive coordinator.

      That is the THIRD OC to be cut in pre-season. I thought it unusual to see 1 cut at this point. First it was in KC; then in TB; now in BUF. I know they are replacing these guys with in-house coaches. But it's still got be tough changing horses in mid-stream. At least, in the last case, I hope so! :-)

      George

    • Machado.Nicholas
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 5, 2009
        How sweet it is to be a Patriots fan!

        Harry

        At 09:43 AM 9/5/2009 +0700, you wrote:

        Van Pelt expected to be named OC

        ESPNews reports the Buffalo Bills have fired offensive coordinator Turk Schonert. Quarterbacks coach Alex Van Pelt is expected to be the team's next offensive coordinator.

        That is the THIRD OC to be cut in pre-season. I thought it unusual to see 1 cut at this point. First it was in KC; then in TB; now in BUF. I know they are replacing these guys with in-house coaches. But it's still got be tough changing horses in mid-stream. At least, in the last case, I hope so! :-)

        "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC