Roster moves

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 17 9:39 AM
      Mike Reiss reports, LeKevin Smith traded to Denver, apparently for a 5th rounder that will go to Oakland for Burgess. Mike Richardson cut.

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 17 1:27 PM
        Mike Richardson showed promise a few seasons ago but injury and just not quite enough talent led to this season when we really went out and ensured some cornerback depth.  At this point I see our second round pick from last year, Wheatley, as the fifth best corner on the team.  I hope that shows through as we get into the season because it means Springs, Bodden, Wilhite and Butler continue to improve in the system.  Both Bodden and Butler could improve their tackling from the first game and each will need to steadily increase their coverage but I feel this unit is a considerable upgrade from last year.