Re: [patriotzip] LPC: Bruschi Brew 14 - Join if you wish

  • Karen Cardoza
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2009
      It's Thursday, August 6th.

      On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 4:00 PM, <llj7366@...> wrote:

      Does anyone know when the season ticket holder event date is this preseason?

      Date: Saturday, August 22
      Time: 4:30 p.m.
      Location: Incredibrew, Nashua, NH

      Bottling Date will be:
      Saturday, September 5 at a time to be determined by the bottling crew.

      Let's Hope Tedy and the Team put together an impressive Season of Full Tilt Full time Performances leading us to the Prize at the end of the Season and many glorious highlights along the way.

      Karen Cardoza

      http://karenjcardoza.com
      (for links to PatriotWorld.com, Mrs. B's Patriot World Podcast, Patriots Training Camp Reports, Muse with Me Podcast, & The 25th Hour, )
    • Don Diamant
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1, 2009

        Thursday August 6th at 7 PM.

        Don

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 3, 2009
          I've seen guys their doing a custom recipe. Here's a couple of recipes that
          should be doable with a little advanced planning, like converting to a 10
          gallon batch and making sure sufficient ingredients are on hand:

          Gluten-Free Recipe
          Simple Simon
          Sorghum Beer
          (5 gallons/19 L, extract)
          OG = 1.047 FG = 1.011
          IBU = 22 SRM = 8 ABV = 4.7%

          Ingredients6 lb. 11 oz. (3.0 kg) BriesSweet White Sorghum Syrup 45 DE High
          Maltose
          0.50 lbs. (0.23 kg) honey
          6 AAU Tettnang hops (60 mins)
          (1.5 oz./43 g of 4% alpha acids)
          Danstar Nottingham dried ale yeast
          0.75 cups corn sugar (for priming)

          Step by Step
          Heat 2.5 gallons (9.5 L) of water to a boil, then stir in sorghum syrup.
          Return wort to a boil, then add hops and boil for 60 minutes. At the end of
          the boil, stir in honey with a sanitized spoon, then cool wort until sides
          of brewpot are cool to the touch. Transfer wort to a sanitized fermenter and
          top up with water to 5 gallons (19 L). Aerate wort and pitch yeast. Ferment
          at 68 °F (20 °C). Bottle with corn sugar.

          Overlook Amber Ale
          (Redrum Sorghum Beer)
          (5 gallons/19 L, partial mash)
          OG = 1.055 FG = 1.014
          IBU = 33 SRM = 10+ ABV = 5.3%

          Ingredients•5.0 lbs. (2.3 kg) white sorghum malt (base malt)
          •1.0 lbs. (0.45 kg) white sorghum malt (kilned/toasted malt)
          •4.0 lbs. (1.8 kg) BriesSweet White Sorghum Syrup 45 DE High Maltose
          •1 tsp amylase enzymes
          •7 AAU Centennial hops (60 mins)
          •(0.58 oz./16 g of 12% alpha acids)
          •2.5 AAU Cascade hops (30 mins)
          •(0.50 oz./14 g of 5% alpha acids)
          •0.50 oz. (14 g) Amarillo hops (0 mins)
          •Fermentis Safale S-04 dried ale yeast
          •0.75 cups corn sugar (for priming)

          Step By Step
          Malt 6.0 lbs. (2.7 kg) of white sorghum. Toast 1.0 lb. (0.45 kg) of this
          malt. Perform a triple decoction mash, then heat mash to 180 °F (82 °C) and
          stir in amylase enzymes. Collect wort, add syrup and boil wort for 60
          minutes. Ferment at 70 °F (21 °C).

          Do you think Incredibrew makes a gluten free beer? And for fun the Cardozas
          might make the bottling.

          Big Al (give me football over baseball any day)