Re: The Prime Time NFL Draft

  • kmacalp@aol.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 25, 2009
      <Ed> Super Bowl at 1 pm?  Somebody lives on the East Coast!

      <Scott> LOL! Guilty as charged, your honor.

      Okay. I'll compromise. 4:00 PM at the latest.

      Scott Sheaffer
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 25, 2009
        Definitely NOT in Thailand! I'm for a 9:00 PM start for the Draft, all Patriots' games, and the Super Bowl!! :-)

        George

        From: kmacalp@aol. com <kmacalp@aol. com>
        Subject: [patriotzip] Re: The Prime Time NFL Draft
        To: patriotzip@yahoogro ups.com
        Date: Saturday, July 25, 2009, 10:47 AM

        Chung, you're a second round pick. So take your second round money, stop crying, and get on the field.

        I think the prime time draft is stupid. Why do they have to attach bells and whistles to everything? Go back to starting the draft at 5 AM in the morning, and running it all the way through until it's done.

        Oh yeah, and move the Super Bowl to 1 PM on Sunday the week after the Conference Championships.

        Thank you,

        Scott Sheaffer

        PS: Dump the 45 minute long Super Bowl half times.

      • Steve Basile
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 25, 2009
          A Northern Patriot Fan? Politics aside, check out the sweatshirt a certain soon-to-be-former Northern Governor is wearing here:

          http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gen/95004/thumbs/r-SARAH-PALIN-large.jpg

          Flying Elvis spotted near Russia!

          Counting down: 18 days, 20 hours, 51 minutes till pre-season kickoff!

          Baze
          --
          Steve Basile
          Manager

        • Ed Bryant
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 26, 2009
            This morning, on CNN, I saw the same blonde, standing behind Palin in a red sweatshirt.  Now, here she is in my e-mail.

            Two fifteen minute periods of fame, in the same day.

            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 26, 2009
              To me, the ideal Super Bowl allows me a good night's sleep, a leisurely rising, time to pack the shrinage (I've watched many Super Bowls at the same house not my own, although only one of the last three), time to play some football, and then, of course, some scarfage time.

              So, I can go with your four pm, but I'd rather negotiate with the league: 5 pm, and 12 minutes for halftime!!!

              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 26, 2009

                A simple solution, don’t change the time just the day, move it to Saturday.

                Don