Re: [patriotzip] Here's A Trade I'd Love to See the Pats Make!

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 16, 2009
      Marshall is a great player but he wouldn't replace Moss or Welker for me.  Sure he's got longer ahead of him than Moss but he doesn't represent a proven commodity in our offense which is the case for Moss.  I think it's too far from our biggest need and wouldn't make the trade at present unless there were some unreasonably low requirements for us to give up and a reasonably low salary for hi...which I also doubt.

      Go Pats!
      Zip----- Original Message -----
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 16, 2009
        My thinking was for the future, Randy. This kid has been an off-field problem. BB's had good luck with making a couple of notorious "bad boys" grow up (Dillon and Moss). Marshall is a tremendous natural talent; and, as you said, has a lot more time ahead of him than does Moss. Moss, Marshall, and Welker would be one hell of a 3-some out there. With Galloway and Lewis behind them, the Pats would probably have the strongest WR corps in the NFL. And they guy throwing too them is pretty good too!

        Of course, price is always an object. But, if Denver is really fed up with Marshall, the price may be acceptable. I'm sure BB has been waiting for my input on this; so I thought I'd give him the "OK" to deal! :-)

        George