Re: [patriotzip] NPC - A Little Airline Humor

  • George R
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 4, 2002

      ***** My favorite was the one close to that:

      > > An airline pilot wrote that on this particular flight he had
      > > hammered his ship into the runway really hard. The airline
      > > had a policy which required the first officer to stand at the door
      > > while the Passengers exited, smile, and give them a "Thanks for
      > > flying XYZ airline." He said that, in light of his bad landing, he
      > > had a hard time looking the passengers in the eye, thinking that
      > > someone would have a smart comment.
      > > Finally everyone had gotten off except for a little
      > > old lady walking with a cane. She said, "Sonny, mind if I ask you a
      > > question?" "Why no Ma'am," said the pilot. "What is it?"
      > > The little old lady said, "Did we land or were we shot down?"

      =====
      George 665 + 36 =
      ** World Champion N E Patriots **

      http://finance.yahoo.com
    • Patti Hayes
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 4, 2002
        Thank you George, I laughed out loud!
        Patti

> [...]
        >the flight attendant's fault...it was the asphalt!"
        >
        >Overheard on an American Airlines flight into Amarillo, Texas, on a
        >particularly windy and bumpy day: During the final approach, the
        >Captain was really having to fight it. After an extremely hard landing,
        >the Flight Attendant said, "Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Amarillo.
        >Please remain in your seats with your seat belts fastened while the
        >Captain taxis what's left of our airplane to the gate!"
        >
        >Another flight attendant's comment on a less than perfect landing: "We
        >ask you to please remain seated as Captain Kangaroo bounces us to the
        >terminal."
        >
        >An airline pilot wrote that on this particular flight he had hammered
        >his ship into the runway really hard. The airline had a policy which
        >required the first officer to stand at the door while the Passengers
        >exited, smile, and give them a "Thanks for flying XYZ airline." He said
        >that, in light of his bad landing, he had a hard time looking the
        >passengers in the eye, thinking that someone would have a smart
        >comment.
        >Finally everyone had gotten off except for a little old lady walking
        >with a cane. She said, "Sonny, mind if I ask you a question?" "Why no
        >Ma'am," said the pilot. "What is it?" The little old lady said, "Did we
        >land or were we shot down?"
        >
        >After a real crusher of a landing in Phoenix, the Flight Attendant came
        >on with, "Ladies and Gentlemen, please remain in your seats until Capt.
        >Crash and the Crew have brought the aircraft to a screeching halt
        >against the gate. And, once the tire smoke has cleared and the warning
        >bells are silenced, we'll open the door and you can pick your way
        >through the wreckage to the terminal."
        >
        >Part of a flight attendant's arrival announcement: "We'd like to thank
        >you folks for flying with us today. And, the next time you get the
        >insane urge to go blasting through the skies in a pressurized metal
        >tube, we hope you'll think of US Airways."
        >
        >A plane was taking off from Kennedy Airport. After it reached a
        >comfortable cruising altitude, the captain made an announcement over
        >the intercom, "Ladies and Gentlemen, this is your captain speaking.
        >Welcome to Flight Number 293, nonstop from New York to Los Angeles. The
        >weather ahead is good and, therefore, we should have a smooth and
        >uneventful flight. Now sit back and relax - OH, MY GOD!"
        >

        >Silence followed and after a few minutes, the
        >captain came back on the intercom and said, "Ladies and Gentlemen, I am
        >so sorry if I scared you earlier; but, while I was talking, the flight
        >attendant brought me a cup of coffee and spilled the hot coffee in my
        >lap. You should see the front of my pants!" A passenger in Coach
        >said,"That's nothing. He should see the back of mine!
        >

        >=====
        >George 665 + 36 =
        >** World Champion N E Patriots **

        >Yahoo! Finance - Get real-time stock quotes

      • Bob George
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 4, 2002
          Southwest Airlines is great with this stuff. Once on a flight from Phoenix
          to Washington, they took this roll of toilet paper and rolled it out the
          entire length of the fuselage, from the toilet in the rear to the door to
          the cockpit. They got on the PA and advised the passengers to keep their
          eye on the toilet paper in the aisle. Then they put the end near the toilet
          into the toilet, then hit the flush button. The long section of toilet
          paper went SWISH! to the back of the aircraft in about a tenth of a second
          and down the toilet. I laughed my ass off, something that was really
          welcome since I was on my way to my dad's funeral.

          Bravo Herb Kelleher,

          Bob G