More UDFA's

  • Mark Morse
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 26, 2009
      NE Patriots Draft website (see below) states we have agreements with Brian Hoyer QB Michigan St and Jamar Love CB Arkansas. ESPN had a camera on Hoyer for the last few rounds and he was obviously upset that he hadn't received a call. It's a quality UDFA signing.

      http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2009/04/2009-undrafted-free-agent-signings-list.html

      Mark
    • Machado.Nicholas
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 26, 2009
        Didn't the Pats bring in another QB from Michigan State about 7 or 8 years ago? I think he was a late round draft pick or something.

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 26, 2009
          Not that I can recall. But I DO remember them drafting one from MICHIGAN in Round 6! ;-)

          George

          I realize this isn't going to last forever. I won't be playing football forever. But I think I've tried to ensure that when I stop playing football, the last helmet I'll be wearing is a Patriot helmet." - Tedy Bruschi

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 27, 2009
            Thank you very much.

            Are those three second round picks ready to be traded so the AFCE 2009 champs will be able to trade up and draft Big Sey's replacement?

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 27, 2009
              The Patriots had Jim Miller around for a whole year as a backup to Tom Brady, who will deny to this date ever playing for Michigan State, but don't feel bad: I wondered if Patrick Chung knew Jacoby Ellsbury from the jock dorm, when the truth is, Chung is a Duck, Ellsbury a beaver.

              But a mnemonic for you: the new X Men movie is a biopic of the Wolverine, played by the current People Magazine Sexiest Man Alive.  Tom Brady is a Wolverine!!!

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 27, 2009
                Wouldn't surpise me a bit if that is what BB has in mind, Ed. The clue may come in what happens with Wilfork. If they re-sign Wilfork to a big contract; I'd guess that Big Sey is gone next year. If, on the other hand, they become convinced that Brace can step in for Vince next year, Vince may not be re-signed; and they'll put all those bucks in to keep Big Sey.

                All speculation from W-A-A-A-Y outside the inner circle, of course. But it is an interesting situation to watch.