Patriots Trades

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 25, 2009
      Clear Day

      After making two trades, the Patriots have dropped out of R1 this year; and, for the moment, now have 4 picks in R2, and 4 picks in R3. Don't expect that to happen. I look for some trades for picks next season. Perhaps it will be a R2 for a R1; or a R3 for a R2 - or maybe one of each.

      What's weird for me is that I would have been happy had they taken either of the guys who were selected by the teams they traded with. OT Michael Oher went to the Ravens at our original #23 spot. We could certainly use an upgrade at OT. OLB Clay Matthews went to the Packers at the #26 spot we had received from the Ravens. OLB is thought by most of us to be our greatest need right now.

      So, we'll see how it works out. I don't have very strong feelings about it, simply because I don't have strong opinions about the players in question. Right now, I'm just a bit nervous because we haven't filled any of our needs with players that the "experts" believe to be among the best prospects at those positions.

      It's very much a "wait and see" Draft for me.

      George

      I realize this isn't going to last forever. I won't be playing football forever. But I think I've tried to ensure that when I stop playing football, the last helmet I'll be wearing is a Patriot helmet." - Tedy Bruschi