Boring Times

  • kevin M
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 13, 2009
      This is the time of year that is boring to me, because its not draft day yet, and there is so much speculation about free agents that I feel like if I read one more rumor about Jason Taylor I will puke. I don't care if he comes here or not, because he practically sounded like he was begging to go back to Miami. What a jerk. We won't get him or Peppers. It won't matter, the team will be great, and we will win the SB.
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 14, 2009
        I've always found the period after the draft excitement to be the slowest.  For a few years we had the June 1 veteran chopping deadline but thankfully that is gone albeit at the cost of a slower Pats time.

        Today the schedule will  officially be released and the draft details give a little information worth reading.

        Ultimately I've stopped locking on a particular player and I tend to lock on the perception of team need.  I trust the braintrust to evaluate the needs and players better than I can manage and of those two I find I have a better chance of being accurate with the team need.

        Take Jason Taylor, I think he probably would be a fantastic pass rushing bonus as an Outside Linebacker.  I think Vrabel's position needs someone to fill it and Taylor at the right price would do nicely.  I think a solution I prefer is to discover one of our youths (Crabel or Redd) are ready to leap into that position full time.  I really can't know which is the most viable or if we'll need to draft out there.  What I know is that the pressure was too slow from out there last year and the result did himpact our team so I'm hopeful for any solution.

        As for Taylor giving his first preferences to Miami - I actually value player loyalty.  He's similar to Willie McGinnest in this and I've always appreciated (most always) the value of Willie.  I don't think McGinest has enough left to give us what we need/want out there but I appreciate the words of loyalty he still espouses.  It shows to me the time a player spent with his team did matter and so in that I'll give Jason Taylor a pass too.

      • kevin M
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 14, 2009
          Just venting. I actually have no problem with Taylor. Sometimes when I'm bored I say dumb things. Life goes on, within you, and without you.
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 14, 2009
            I don't think that I'd have a problem with Taylor either..wasn't he the one on Dancing With The Stars? Boy, last night seeing Warren Sapp (he can move around the dance floor) helping Lawrence Taylor was funny.
            Patriot content...I'd sort of bored this time of year too and want to hear about anything football. Has anyone heard how Brady doing with his workouts or knees, besides his mulitple wedding celebrations? I'm glad that he's getting settled but I sure hope that he's going to be full speed ahead for the year coming up. I want another Super Bowl ring!!!

            Susan