Re: [patriotzip] We Are Not Alone

  • Christopher Robert Woods
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 4, 2002
      Can't vanity plates have the same names as long as it
      is in a different state?

      It doesn't matter, I'm going to jack your brother's
      ride.

      --- Kevin Moitoso <kevinmoitoso@...> wrote:
      > I thought you guys would be interested in hearing
      > this:
      >
      > My brother, Derek, owns a 2001 Black Jeep Grand
      > Cherokee and guess what his license plate is?
      > PATS!!!!! Isn't that cool? It is a Rhode Island
      > plate
      > by the way. Anyway, I can't believe no one else had
      > that plate.
      >
      > Kevin Moitoso
      > --- George R <patsfangr@...> wrote:
      > > ***** No, I'm not posting an "X Files" story. Just
      > > wanted to let you
      > > know that I met another Pats' in a parking lot
      > while
      > > shopping last
      > > weekend. He saw the decal and bumper sticker on my
      > > car, and shouted out
      > > "Go Pats!" as he walked by. We talked a bit, and
      > it
      > > turns out that he's
      > > going to the San Diego game with a group of about
      > 90
      > > Pats fans. They'll
      > > be sitting near mid-field, up in the nosebleed
      > > sections.
      > >
      > > ***** San Diego, and even LA, have more of a
      > problem
      > > with "enemy" fans
      > > in the stadium than most other areas of the
      > country.
      > > So many people
      > > move here from other states that there's almost
      > > always a large
      > > contingent of fans supporting the opposing team at
      > > every game.
      > > Sometimes, it's damn near 50-50.
      > >
      > > =====
      > > George 665 + 36 =
      > > ** World Champion N E Patriots **

      > http://finance.yahoo.com

      =====
      Christopher Robert Woods - tradebledsoe@...
      "No one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public." - HL Mencken

      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 4, 2002
        What's a vanity plate? I don't know what that means.

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 4, 2002
          Sorry, sometimes I drift off into urban slang.

          Its cause I'm straight outta Harpswell, ME.

          04079 crew gotta represent.

          =====
          Christopher Robert Woods - tradebledsoe@...
          "No one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public." - HL Mencken

          http://finance.yahoo.com
        • Kevin Moitoso
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 4, 2002
            That still doesn't answer my question which was what's
            a vanity plate. Maybe I'll actually get an answer this
            time.
            wrote:

            > Sorry, sometimes I drift off into urban slang.
            >
            > Its cause I'm straight outta Harpswell, ME.
            >
            > 04079 crew gotta represent.
            >
            > --- Kevin Moitoso <kevinmoitoso@...> wrote:
            > > What's a vanity plate? I don't know what that
            > means.
            > > --- Christopher Robert Woods
            > > <tradebledsoe@...>
            > > wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Can't vanity plates have the same names as long
            > as
            > > > it
            > > > is in a different state?
            > > >
            > > > It doesn't matter, I'm going to jack your
            > > brother's
            > > > ride.
            > > >
            > > > --- Kevin Moitoso <kevinmoitoso@...>
            > > hearing

            > Grand
            > Island
            > else
            > > > had

            > story.
            > > > Just
            > lot
            > > on
            > > > my
            > > and
            > > > about
            > nosebleed

            > > almost
            > > team
            > > > at

            > > > =====
            > > > Christopher Robert Woods -
            > tradebledsoe@...
            > > > "No one ever went broke underestimating the
            > taste
            > > of
            > > > the American public." - HL Mencken

            > > http://finance.yahoo.com
            > >

            > =====
            > Christopher Robert Woods - tradebledsoe@...
            > "No one ever went broke underestimating the taste of
            > the American public." - HL Mencken

            http://finance.yahoo.com
          • WwofOZ
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 4, 2002
              Kevin ,

              heh, a "vanity plate" is a license plate that you get through the registry that is WHATEVER you want it to say .
              Rather then having some lame bunch of numbers and the state name under them .

              In other words if i wanted one that read "wykedwitch" i could get it so long as that certain plate name wasn't registered to ANY other user .

              Has to be a unique name or word , and you pay more money (obviously) to have one . Evidently when this guy checked out "PATS" it wasn't yet
              used therefore he scored it as his license plate from now on ...

              (ever watch seinfeld? Kramer had one that read the ASSMAN ....oh, nevermind )

              :)

              xoxo

              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 4, 2002
                Maybe. Is the suspense killing you?