McDaniels Huge Gaff

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2009
      Clear Day

      Take a look at the reported deal from the Bears for Cutler. Does that look like most teams would want to replace Cutler with Matt Cassel?

      Denver agrees to trade Cutler to Chicago

      The Denver Broncos have announced they have agreed in principle to trade QB Jay Cutler to the Chicago Bears. The Broncos will receive the Bears' first-round draft picks in 2009 and 2010, third-round pick in 2009 and QB Kyle Orton in exchange for Cutler, according to the Chicago Sun-Times. The Bears will also receive the Broncos' fifth-round pick in 2009.

      George

      I realize this isn't going to last forever. I won't be playing football forever. But I think I've tried to ensure that when I stop playing football, the last helmet I'll be wearing is a Patriot helmet." - Tedy Bruschi

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 3, 2009
        McDaniels got a better deal for Cutler than we did for Cassel by far...so it was probably damaging to his team, at least in the short term, to lose Cutler but perhaps not as bad a trade as we managed.

        Did Josh approach New England witha deal or did Tampa Bay, as I understand it, go to Denver with the three way offer?  If the latter than McDaniels major mistake is that somehow the news leaked out he was at least listening to such offers.  I'm not as overly down on Josh as of yet as most folks but again I don't really know the details of how things went down and what transpired behind the scenes.

        Honestly Cutler hasn't handled things well enough for me to consider him a desired player.  Yes his talents are solid for the most part but I want more than talent, years of Pats victories shows me you need a desire that I think might be empty in Cutler...or at least lower than I'd prefer.