Fwd: Re: [patriotzip] Inzer and Tuitele claimed

  • Christopher Robert Woods
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2002
      Chatham's being better on special teams does not
      warrant keeping him, IMHO, when you consider that we
      already have Cherry, Tebucky and Izzo who will get
      down
      the field faster and are better tacklers.

      That being the case, I see our need for quality
      backups
      at LB to far outweigh our needs on special teams.
      And
      Tuitele I have liked since last preseason, not just
      this season when he began to get a lot of press.

      Keeping Knight doesn't bother me, he has more upside
      and cover talent than Hitch and we are thin at DB,
      especially with all the nickel and dime packages BB
      and
      Romeo like to feature. When you factor in the
      regular
      blitzing by corners and safeties, I'd prefer
      Knight's
      cover skills over Hitch's open field tackling.

      True, Knight is injured, but I would be worried
      about
      seeing him cut unless it was to replace him with
      another DB.

      If anyone should have been cut, IMHO, its Cam
      Cleeland.
      We should have kept the lower priced Wiggins (whom I
      like a lot as a pass receiver) and gone with Fauria
      alone as our only FA pickup. That right there would
      have been an upgrade, let alone factoring in Grambo.

      Still, the bottom line to me is that they let the
      better player at LB go when they need backup LB help
      more than ST help.

      =====