Re: Fed-up Broncos ready to trade Cutler

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2009
      If Josh is smart, he'll try to send him to Detroit for that #20 pick.

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1, 2009
        ***** That would be OK with me. Frankly, anywhere but to the Jets would be OK with me. But, if I were a Denver fan, I'd be pissed at Josh for letting this happen.

        George

        I realize this isn't going to last forever. I won't be playing football forever. But I think I've tried to ensure that when I stop playing football, the last helmet I'll be wearing is a Patriot helmet." - Tedy Bruschi

        If Josh is smart, he'll try to send him to Detroit for that #20 pick.

        fdb

        --- In patriotzip@yahoogro ups.com, "George" <patswingr@. ..> wrote:

        > This, IMO, reflects a
        major screw up by Josh McDaniels, AND a serious danger
        > for the Patriots.
        >
        > Jay Cutler is a damn good NFL QB. I consider him a top ten
        talent, and I
        > don't think anyone would argue that he's, at worst, in the
        top half.
        > McDaniels' overtures to trade him in order to get Matt Cassel
        was a huge
        > mistake.
        >
        > Now, it is very possible that this
        very talented QB could go to the Jets! I
        > do NOT want to see that happen.
        If it does, McDaniels will have done serious
        > damage to his old team,
        albeit unintentionally.

        href="http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AstxIzpuGbRt1k59w1Ed6IRDubYF?slug=cr-b">http://sports. yahoo.com/ nfl/news; _ylt=AstxIzpuGbR t1k59w1Ed6IRDubY F?slug=cr- b

        owlencutler033109
        href="http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AstxIzpuGbRt1k59w1Ed6IRDubYF?slug=cr-">http://sports. yahoo.com/ nfl/news; _ylt=AstxIzpuGbR t1k59w1Ed6IRDubY F?slug=cr-

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 1, 2009
          One thing to remember is that the Broncos aren't going to give Cutler away.  The Jets don't have as much as other teams to offer.  The Broncos will need either a quality QB in trade (as wel as picks I suspect) or high enough picks to warrant the trade and help them replace the QB.  I'd suspect the Jets to be one of the last places making a bid for him.

        • Frank
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 1, 2009
            I've heard discussions of him possibly going to Washington, for Jason Campbell, and maybe a draft pick.

            fdb

            --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "RandyZ. Pierce" <alaric02@...> wrote:

            > One thing to remember is that the Broncos aren't going to give Cutler away. The Jets don't have as much as other teams to offer. The Broncos will need either a quality QB in trade (as wel as picks I suspect) or high enough picks to warrant the trade and help them replace the QB. I'd suspect the Jets to be one of the last places making a bid for him.
            >
            > Go Pats!
            > Zip

          • Mike Benson
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 2, 2009
              Don't fret, George, the Bucks, Bears, Lions, 49ers, Browns and Jags are in the hunt, too.

              http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AstxIzpuGbRt1k59w1Ed6IRDubYF?slug=cr-bowlencutler033109&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

              George

              I realize this isn't going to last forever. I won't be playing football forever. But I think I've tried to ensure that when I stop playing football, the last helmet I'll be wearing is a Patriot helmet." - Tedy Bruschi

            • Dave Levine
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 2, 2009
                I honestly don't see how the Jets could fit Cutler under thier cap. I didn't think they had enough room for any more major signings.

                Dave