No "Hand Springs" from Me Over This Move

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7 6:21 PM
      Clear Day

      I'm not thrilled with the signing of Shawn Springs. I had hoped that we'd land either Bodden or McFadden, both of whom are much younger than the 34 year-old Springs.

      IMO, this isn't the solution to our weakness at the CB position. At his age, Springs has value as a "situational" player at CB, slot DB, or FS. But I think he'll be beaten all too frequently if he is put in there for extended duty as our starting LCB. That's if he's even capable of getting through the season as the starter. He missed 7 games last year.

      Bodden and McFadden are still out there. Is there still a chance for the Pats to get one of them; and leave Springs for that "situational" duty I suggest?

      George

      I realize this isn't going to last forever. I won't be playing football forever. But I think I've tried to ensure that when I stop playing football, the last helmet I'll be wearing is a Patriot helmet." - Tedy Bruschi