Re: Patriots Draft Projection #1

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2009
      Man, Mark, you do some research. A long snapper from Hawaii and a DT
      from Northern Iowa in the 6th & 7th? Kiper's got nothing on you. LOL!

      fdb

      --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, Mark <packy001@...> wrote:

      > Given everything that has transpired this weekend with Free Agency
      and trades, here is my quick look at what the Patriots do with their
      boatload of draft picks.

      > Round 1 Pick # 20 (trade 3rd 2nd to move up three spots) OLB Clay
      Matthews USC. BB coached his dad and Matthews should be around this
      league as a starter for 10+ years. Void left by Vrabel is filled.

      > Round 2 Pick #34 BA DB Alphonso Smith might slide here because of
      his lack of size. (Darius Butler, Sean Smith & FS Louis Delmas are
      alternates)

      > Round 2 Pick #47 Conner Barwin DE/LB/TE Cincinnati - an enigma, led
      the Big East is sacks playing DE for the 1st time. Can disappear
      sometimes, but his athletic skills are incredible.

      > Round 2 Pick #58 Traded to Det along with Pick #23 for pick #20
      >
      > Round 3 Pick #89 Chip Vaughn SS Wake Forest - could we get two
      players from Make in the draft?

      > Round 3 Supplemental selection awarded for the Asante Samuel signing
      > Lawrence Sidbury DE/LB Richmond - 1AA National Champs - off the
      chart athleticism 12 sacks as a senior.

      > Round 4 Pick # 120 David Bruton FS Notre Dame - Has it all size,
      speed, and motivation.

      > Round 5 Pick # 151 Mike Wallace WR Mississippi - Big, Speedy player
      that put up big numbers in the SEC.

      > Round 6 Pick # 186 Jake Ingram Long Snapper Hawaii - I see the Pats
      sanpping up ex-Bronco Mike Leach since Obrien was his Special Teams
      coach their this past season. RB Ian Johnson Boise St might be a good
      pick up here too!

      > Round 7 Pick #217 Everette Pedescleaux DT Nothern Iowa - Don't know
      alot about him but his size (6-5 305 with sub 4.9 40)is worth taking a
      peek in camp.
      they had the lead." - Marshall Faulk on Matt Cassel, August 17, 2008