Re: [patriotzip] Reiss On O'Connell

  • Mike Benson
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 27, 2009
      Thanks for that, George. Interesting.

      From: George <patswingr@...>
      To: patriotzip@yahoogroups.com; NFL Friends <nflfriends@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 10:22:36 PM
      Subject: [patriotzip] Reiss On O'Connell

      Clear Day

      I got a question into Mike Reiss' "Mailbag" this week on something I haven't seen discussed anywhere. Q & A here:

      We haven't seen comments about how quarterback Kevin O'Connell progressed last season. This certainly affects the Cassel situation. Do you think that the Patriots are comfortable with him as a No. 2 now?
      George

      A: I do, George, but that's only based on a hunch. I think the Patriots feel he progressed nicely and that they like his smarts and arm strength. I know O'Connell felt that he learned a lot from being in the quarterback room with coordinator Josh McDaniels, "coach" Tom Brady and Cassel. While there will always be questions with a No. 2 quarterback until he gets his chance -- Cassel is probably the greatest example of all -- my feeling is that the arrow is up on O'Connell.