Re: [patriotzip] Ready! Set! Go!

    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 4, 2009
      The nature of the injury and Brady's playing style don't indicate much reason to believe there would be a problem.  I'll absolutely give you that Bill Bellichick is cold as ice when he has to make a decision to better his team.  That said I think I'd be shocked if he traded Brady and I think the risk factor is considerably higher in keeping Cassel than Brady...but I know Bellichick knows those risk factors much better than any of us.

      Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2009 1:45 PM
      Subject: Re: [patriotzip] Ready! Set! Go!

      We'll see. But what if Brady isn't ever quite the same again? I, for one, wouldn't be surprised if BB shocked everyone and traded Brady for $$$ and kept Cassel.

      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 4, 2009
        Agreed.

        Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2009 1:45 PM

        Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2009 12:37 PM

        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 4, 2009
          Okay...lol, I'll let go of my apron strings! I just hope those strings don't get tied around our necks and choke us!
          IF they do trade him, I hope that he has the career he wants and does well, but I hope that we don't get beaten by the team he goes to. Sure hope Brady is fine and has the years he wants too, plus that he retires gracefully as well (not like Favre and Montana).

          There's a new high school guy (Matt Barkley) from southern Calif. and he's going to USC...maybe in 5 years he can get picked by the Pats and step in after Brady goes. Yeah, right--if we win 2 Super Bowls in the next 5 years that won't happen.

          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 4, 2009
            ***** My simple answer to that, Mike, is that it would appear that the Patriots think more of the potential of O'Connell as the ultimate replacement for Brady, since they spent a R3 pick on him, versus the R6 they used for Cassel. Granted, neither we, nor the Patriots, have seen O'Connell work in a real NFL game yet. But, as I said, that's my "simple" answer.

            George