Media Whore Strikes Again

  • Chris Sheridan
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2002
      I am sitting here watching a tribute to Foxboro Stadium on ESPN, and low
      and behold, our favorite Media whore stikes again.

      Steve Sabol does about 3 minutes on Randy and Ostend. They also show
      Zip making out with Ostend in his seats. I knew the dog worked on a
      love and praise system, but I didn't think it was that involved.....

      As far as the tribute, was very nicely done. Very touching.

      ---then a commerical comes on with the ESPN football crew. Bill
      Parcells walks up and mort says "Wow, Bill, how ---does it feel. You
      leave new england and they win a superbowl?"

      ---Very funny

      - Chris "Wolfiedad" Sheridan -
    • Karen Cardoza
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 1, 2002
        From: <PhilW1776@...>

        > http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/243/metro/Expensive_seats+.shtml
        >
        > Watch out if you're selling your tix on ebay, etc. The Faschisti are
        > watching.
        >
        > -philw

        OUCH! That's got to hurt.... This guy's story has been all over the news
        today and they showed his family room loaded with Pats memorabilia. He
        screwed up royally IMO by going for the greedy route in the first place.
        Come on.... any one of us that are season ticket holders would have no
        problem passing on our tix to friends, family members, co-workers, etc.(Yes,
        even my nosebleeds....) But because he wanted to go for the "big bucks"
        he hot burnt. Just think about it.... even if they didn't revoke them at
        this point, he STILL took a risk with his coveted seats by selling them to a
        stranger.... He could have lost them anyway. I've seen season ticket
        holders in my old section at the Fox lose them for rowdy behavior. Why take
        the risk with strangers using your seats??? I feel for the guy and hope
        that it all works out for him, but he gambled... and lost.
      • Michael J.King Sr.
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 1, 2002
          At 10:31 AM 9/1/2002 -0400, Karen Cardoza wrote:
          >OUCH! That's got to hurt....
          >Come on.... any one of us that are season ticket holders would have no
          >problem passing on our tix to friends, family members, co-workers, etc.(Yes,
          >even my nosebleeds....) But because he wanted to go for the "big bucks"
          >he hot burnt. Just think about it.... even if they didn't revoke them at
          >this point, he STILL took a risk with his coveted seats by selling them to a
          >stranger.... He could have lost them anyway.
          > I feel for the guy and hope
          >that it all works out for him, but he gambled... and lost.

          I agree that they screwed up but i think the Pats staff could have
          handled it better. The security chief seems to have gone ballistic for no
          good reason. He held all the cards but instead of taking the high road
          tried to get a little rough. I would imagine now that the judge found
          reason to not throw the complaint out that the Pats will somehow compromise
          if Mr Reis will drop the complaint. One of the Krafts should step up
          and turn the incident into a PR coup. Then everyone wins. I mean the
          tickets were never actually sold and that gives the Pats the wiggle room to
          make chicken salad instead of chicken sh*t!! Just my thoughts and
          YMMV. Later.Mike
        • Karen Cardoza
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 1, 2002
            > At 10:31 AM 9/1/2002 -0400, Karen Cardoza wrote:
            > >OUCH! That's got to hurt....
            > >Come on.... any one of us that are season ticket holders would have no
            > >problem passing on our tix to friends, family members, co-workers,
            etc.(Yes,
            > >even my nosebleeds....) But because he wanted to go for the "big
            bucks"
            > >he hot burnt. Just think about it.... even if they didn't revoke them
            at
            > >this point, he STILL took a risk with his coveted seats by selling them
            to a
            > >stranger.... He could have lost them anyway.
            > > I feel for the guy and hope
            > >that it all works out for him, but he gambled... and lost.
            >

            > I agree that they screwed up but i think the Pats staff could have
            > handled it better. The security chief seems to have gone ballistic for no
            > good reason. He held all the cards but instead of taking the high road
            > tried to get a little rough. I would imagine now that the judge found
            > reason to not throw the complaint out that the Pats will somehow
            compromise
            > if Mr Reis will drop the complaint. One of the Krafts should step up
            > and turn the incident into a PR coup. Then everyone wins. I mean the
            > tickets were never actually sold and that gives the Pats the wiggle room
            > make chicken salad instead of chicken sh*t!! Just my thoughts and
            > YMMV. Later.Mike

            Right, Mike...I agree. I totally disagree with Briggs' response and even
            the loss of the guys tix without a warning. My take home message with the
            whole thing is.... Don't risk your tickets by considering letting a
            stranger use them in the first place!

            Mrs. B.
            ~Karen~
            Strength, courage, and wisdom