Re: Ebay tragedy

  • George R
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 31, 2002
      --- PhilW1776@... wrote:
      > http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/243/metro/Expensive_seats+.shtml
      >
      > Watch out if you're selling your tix on ebay, etc. The Faschisti are
      > watching.
      >
      > -philw

      ***** Disturbing story, on a couple of fronts. The rule against
      re-selling tickets is, IMO, a good one, in its intent. It is intended
      to prevent a Ticketslimer, or an unofficial true scalper, from buying
      up tickets, and gouging enthusiastic fans with prices far above what
      those fans would pay if they had had access to the tickets. That's a
      good thing.

      ***** However, as is the case with many "good" laws and rules, when
      reduced to an individual level, some good people are denied what most
      of us would consider a fair deal by the "letter of the law."

      ***** I see nothing wrong with what this ticket holder did. I see
      nothing wrong with any ticket holder, unable to attend a specific game,
      at least getting his money back by selling the ticket to another
      genuine fan. But the law applies across the board, to the honest fan,
      as well as to the slimy scalper. Tough issue.

      ***** I see no such ambiguity in the other aspect of this situation, if
      it occurred as represented in the article. Briggs should be fired, and
      required to pay damages to the fan, at a minimum. There is no place for
      such a loss of control, and physical violence, by a team official. Why
      I am I not surprised that this guy comes from the "soccer environment?"
      Maybe he can get a job in Oakland?

      =====
      George 665 + 36 =
      ** World Champion N E Patriots **

      http://finance.yahoo.com
    • Chris Sheridan
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 1, 2002
        I am sitting here watching a tribute to Foxboro Stadium on ESPN, and low
        and behold, our favorite Media whore stikes again.

        Steve Sabol does about 3 minutes on Randy and Ostend. They also show
        Zip making out with Ostend in his seats. I knew the dog worked on a
        love and praise system, but I didn't think it was that involved.....

        As far as the tribute, was very nicely done. Very touching.

        ---then a commerical comes on with the ESPN football crew. Bill
        Parcells walks up and mort says "Wow, Bill, how ---does it feel. You
        leave new england and they win a superbowl?"

        ---Very funny

        - Chris "Wolfiedad" Sheridan -
      • Karen Cardoza
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 1, 2002
          From: <PhilW1776@...>

          > http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/243/metro/Expensive_seats+.shtml
          >
          > Watch out if you're selling your tix on ebay, etc. The Faschisti are
          > watching.
          >
          > -philw

          OUCH! That's got to hurt.... This guy's story has been all over the news
          today and they showed his family room loaded with Pats memorabilia. He
          screwed up royally IMO by going for the greedy route in the first place.
          Come on.... any one of us that are season ticket holders would have no
          problem passing on our tix to friends, family members, co-workers, etc.(Yes,
          even my nosebleeds....) But because he wanted to go for the "big bucks"
          he hot burnt. Just think about it.... even if they didn't revoke them at
          this point, he STILL took a risk with his coveted seats by selling them to a
          stranger.... He could have lost them anyway. I've seen season ticket
          holders in my old section at the Fox lose them for rowdy behavior. Why take
          the risk with strangers using your seats??? I feel for the guy and hope
          that it all works out for him, but he gambled... and lost.
        • Michael J.King Sr.
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 1, 2002
            At 10:31 AM 9/1/2002 -0400, Karen Cardoza wrote:
            >OUCH! That's got to hurt....
            >Come on.... any one of us that are season ticket holders would have no
            >problem passing on our tix to friends, family members, co-workers, etc.(Yes,
            >even my nosebleeds....) But because he wanted to go for the "big bucks"
            >he hot burnt. Just think about it.... even if they didn't revoke them at
            >this point, he STILL took a risk with his coveted seats by selling them to a
            >stranger.... He could have lost them anyway.
            > I feel for the guy and hope
            >that it all works out for him, but he gambled... and lost.

            I agree that they screwed up but i think the Pats staff could have
            handled it better. The security chief seems to have gone ballistic for no
            good reason. He held all the cards but instead of taking the high road
            tried to get a little rough. I would imagine now that the judge found
            reason to not throw the complaint out that the Pats will somehow compromise
            if Mr Reis will drop the complaint. One of the Krafts should step up
            and turn the incident into a PR coup. Then everyone wins. I mean the
            tickets were never actually sold and that gives the Pats the wiggle room to
            make chicken salad instead of chicken sh*t!! Just my thoughts and
            YMMV. Later.Mike
          • Karen Cardoza
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 1, 2002
              > At 10:31 AM 9/1/2002 -0400, Karen Cardoza wrote:
              > >OUCH! That's got to hurt....
              > >Come on.... any one of us that are season ticket holders would have no
              > >problem passing on our tix to friends, family members, co-workers,
              etc.(Yes,
              > >even my nosebleeds....) But because he wanted to go for the "big
              bucks"
              > >he hot burnt. Just think about it.... even if they didn't revoke them
              at
              > >this point, he STILL took a risk with his coveted seats by selling them
              to a
              > >stranger.... He could have lost them anyway.
              > > I feel for the guy and hope
              > >that it all works out for him, but he gambled... and lost.
              >

              > I agree that they screwed up but i think the Pats staff could have
              > handled it better. The security chief seems to have gone ballistic for no
              > good reason. He held all the cards but instead of taking the high road
              > tried to get a little rough. I would imagine now that the judge found
              > reason to not throw the complaint out that the Pats will somehow
              compromise
              > if Mr Reis will drop the complaint. One of the Krafts should step up
              > and turn the incident into a PR coup. Then everyone wins. I mean the
              > tickets were never actually sold and that gives the Pats the wiggle room
              > make chicken salad instead of chicken sh*t!! Just my thoughts and
              > YMMV. Later.Mike

              Right, Mike...I agree. I totally disagree with Briggs' response and even
              the loss of the guys tix without a warning. My take home message with the
              whole thing is.... Don't risk your tickets by considering letting a
              stranger use them in the first place!

              Mrs. B.
              ~Karen~
              Strength, courage, and wisdom