Ebay tragedy

  • philw1776@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 31 6:27 AM
      http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/243/metro/Expensive_seats+.shtml

      Watch out if you're selling your tix on ebay, etc. The Faschisti are
      watching.

      -philw
    • George R
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 31 10:30 AM
        --- PhilW1776@... wrote:
        > http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/243/metro/Expensive_seats+.shtml
        >
        > Watch out if you're selling your tix on ebay, etc. The Faschisti are
        > watching.
        >
        > -philw

        ***** Disturbing story, on a couple of fronts. The rule against
        re-selling tickets is, IMO, a good one, in its intent. It is intended
        to prevent a Ticketslimer, or an unofficial true scalper, from buying
        up tickets, and gouging enthusiastic fans with prices far above what
        those fans would pay if they had had access to the tickets. That's a
        good thing.

        ***** However, as is the case with many "good" laws and rules, when
        reduced to an individual level, some good people are denied what most
        of us would consider a fair deal by the "letter of the law."

        ***** I see nothing wrong with what this ticket holder did. I see
        nothing wrong with any ticket holder, unable to attend a specific game,
        at least getting his money back by selling the ticket to another
        genuine fan. But the law applies across the board, to the honest fan,
        as well as to the slimy scalper. Tough issue.

        ***** I see no such ambiguity in the other aspect of this situation, if
        it occurred as represented in the article. Briggs should be fired, and
        required to pay damages to the fan, at a minimum. There is no place for
        such a loss of control, and physical violence, by a team official. Why
        I am I not surprised that this guy comes from the "soccer environment?"
        Maybe he can get a job in Oakland?

        =====
        George 665 + 36 =
        ** World Champion N E Patriots **

        http://finance.yahoo.com
      • Chris Sheridan
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 1, 2002
          I am sitting here watching a tribute to Foxboro Stadium on ESPN, and low
          and behold, our favorite Media whore stikes again.

          Steve Sabol does about 3 minutes on Randy and Ostend. They also show
          Zip making out with Ostend in his seats. I knew the dog worked on a
          love and praise system, but I didn't think it was that involved.....

          As far as the tribute, was very nicely done. Very touching.

          ---then a commerical comes on with the ESPN football crew. Bill
          Parcells walks up and mort says "Wow, Bill, how ---does it feel. You
          leave new england and they win a superbowl?"

          ---Very funny

          - Chris "Wolfiedad" Sheridan -
        • Karen Cardoza
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 1, 2002
            From: <PhilW1776@...>

            > http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/243/metro/Expensive_seats+.shtml
            >
            > Watch out if you're selling your tix on ebay, etc. The Faschisti are
            > watching.
            >
            > -philw

            OUCH! That's got to hurt.... This guy's story has been all over the news
            today and they showed his family room loaded with Pats memorabilia. He
            screwed up royally IMO by going for the greedy route in the first place.
            Come on.... any one of us that are season ticket holders would have no
            problem passing on our tix to friends, family members, co-workers, etc.(Yes,
            even my nosebleeds....) But because he wanted to go for the "big bucks"
            he hot burnt. Just think about it.... even if they didn't revoke them at
            this point, he STILL took a risk with his coveted seats by selling them to a
            stranger.... He could have lost them anyway. I've seen season ticket
            holders in my old section at the Fox lose them for rowdy behavior. Why take
            the risk with strangers using your seats??? I feel for the guy and hope
            that it all works out for him, but he gambled... and lost.
          • Michael J.King Sr.
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 1, 2002
              At 10:31 AM 9/1/2002 -0400, Karen Cardoza wrote:
              >OUCH! That's got to hurt....
              >Come on.... any one of us that are season ticket holders would have no
              >problem passing on our tix to friends, family members, co-workers, etc.(Yes,
              >even my nosebleeds....) But because he wanted to go for the "big bucks"
              >he hot burnt. Just think about it.... even if they didn't revoke them at
              >this point, he STILL took a risk with his coveted seats by selling them to a
              >stranger.... He could have lost them anyway.
              > I feel for the guy and hope
              >that it all works out for him, but he gambled... and lost.

              I agree that they screwed up but i think the Pats staff could have
              handled it better. The security chief seems to have gone ballistic for no
              good reason. He held all the cards but instead of taking the high road
              tried to get a little rough. I would imagine now that the judge found
              reason to not throw the complaint out that the Pats will somehow compromise
              if Mr Reis will drop the complaint. One of the Krafts should step up
              and turn the incident into a PR coup. Then everyone wins. I mean the
              tickets were never actually sold and that gives the Pats the wiggle room to
              make chicken salad instead of chicken sh*t!! Just my thoughts and
              YMMV. Later.Mike
            • Karen Cardoza
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 1, 2002
                > At 10:31 AM 9/1/2002 -0400, Karen Cardoza wrote:
                > >OUCH! That's got to hurt....
                > >Come on.... any one of us that are season ticket holders would have no
                > >problem passing on our tix to friends, family members, co-workers,
                etc.(Yes,
                > >even my nosebleeds....) But because he wanted to go for the "big
                bucks"
                > >he hot burnt. Just think about it.... even if they didn't revoke them
                at
                > >this point, he STILL took a risk with his coveted seats by selling them
                to a
                > >stranger.... He could have lost them anyway.
                > > I feel for the guy and hope
                > >that it all works out for him, but he gambled... and lost.
                >

                > I agree that they screwed up but i think the Pats staff could have
                > handled it better. The security chief seems to have gone ballistic for no
                > good reason. He held all the cards but instead of taking the high road
                > tried to get a little rough. I would imagine now that the judge found
                > reason to not throw the complaint out that the Pats will somehow
                compromise
                > if Mr Reis will drop the complaint. One of the Krafts should step up
                > and turn the incident into a PR coup. Then everyone wins. I mean the
                > tickets were never actually sold and that gives the Pats the wiggle room
                > make chicken salad instead of chicken sh*t!! Just my thoughts and
                > YMMV. Later.Mike

                Right, Mike...I agree. I totally disagree with Briggs' response and even
                the loss of the guys tix without a warning. My take home message with the
                whole thing is.... Don't risk your tickets by considering letting a
                stranger use them in the first place!

                Mrs. B.
                ~Karen~
                Strength, courage, and wisdom