Re: [patriotzip] Re: Off Season

    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 1, 2009
      LOL!! Erdo, you always come up with such good sarcasm, but then most of the time I walk right into it, huh?
      I hope that they do franchise Cassel because I'm uneasy about Brady's recovery. I hope the Pats staff is being cagey about it Brady and his
      progress, but until I know for sure I hope we have good backups.
      Since we have nothing to lose or really root for this weekend, who is anyone rooting for or against? I'm rooting against the Fish but not sure whether to root aginst the Chargers or against the Manning boys.
      2009 is going to be the year for the Pats!!!!!!!!!

      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 4, 2009
        Condiment Chuckle Mostly uninterested in the playoffs, I stumbled across this note in Reiss's column the Globe that made me chuckle.  Short, so I'll copy it entirely.

        Happy New Year.

        Go Pats,
         Steve

        --
        Steve Basile
        Manager

        http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2009/01/nfl_voter_to_ma.html

        NFL voter to Jerod Mayo: 'My bad'
        Posted by Mike Reiss, Globe Staff January 3, 2009 08:25 PM

        Patriots linebacker Jerod Mayo was named the Associated Press Defensive Rookie of the Year this week, earning 49 of the possible 50 votes.

        The lone vote that Mayo didn't receive went to Bengals linebacker Keith Rivers, who was limited to seven games after a jaw injury cut his season short.

        Michael David Smith of AOL Fanhouse contacted the voter who selected Rivers -- Jay Paris of the North County Times -- for his explanation.

        Paris acknowledged to Smith that he made a mistake.

        Later, in an email to the Globe, Paris said: "Tell Mayo I owe him one. My bad."