- Maybe this will kill the "Trade Brady" discussions that have been
going on. There is no way you trade the best QB in the league to
keep someone who really isn't fully there yet. Cassel can't be
completely blamed for the loss but 4 turnovers and 2 more that should
have been don't help.
- Our D actually played pretty well. Considering the number of times
they were given the short field and how long they were actually on
the field because of turnovers, holding for that many FGs is a
- The J-E-T-S lost lost lost to the Bronocs. They are going no where
in the playoffs as they are way to inconsistent. Just look at the
game against us. They really didn't play all that well in the first
1/2 and totally sucked in the 2nd. They managed to win because we
played a poor defensive game.
- The games we have left are all completely winnable which means we
have a very good shot at the post season. Even if we win out and
Indy wins out as well, I don't think there is any shame in an 11 win
season with all the injuries we have.
- Mayo showed his speed by running down Holmes down the sideline.
The kid has skills
- Watson again shows that he never gives up on a play by running down
the guy at the 1.
- Faulk continues to be a stud. He just does everything.
- Troy Polamalu has to be my favorite non-Pats player in the league.
The guy just is a football player.
- Moss sucked. He dropped a couple of key passes that were big hits
to the team's momentum. He should have had the TD but was thinking
too much about the prior drop and jumped up too much to catch it,
knocking it away from himself with his knee. Get back to basics and
catch the ball with your hands (like you did when you snared the one
over the middle).
- Our 3rd down O was terrible. We couldn't complete anything, no
matter what we tried.
- We lost all momentum when we couldn't score at the end of the
half. First the dropped TD and the missed FG. We put up the 3 and
get the ball to start the 2nd half with a chance to go up 10.
- Gaffney has his standard huge gainer but drops it ball. He is
really getting on my nerves.
- Light got man handled on a couple of plays causing free shots at
Cassel. We either needed to give him help or design the protection
to allow for the outside pass rush. He tried to push the rusher deep
but Cassel never stepped up into the pocket.
- Our goal line O is way to predictable and way too passive. We can
never win the one on one battles at the key time when we need that 1
yard or less. Maybe we need to try pitching it to the RB, allow him
to work in space a little to find the crease and get the yard we
need. Faulk could certainly do it.
- 27 straight red zone possessions with a score is now over.
- 34 straight red zone possessions allowing a score continues
- A huge non PI call on Gaffney kills a drive and forces a punt early
in the game. Should have put us in FG range at a minimum but the
refs blew it.
- Why aren't we blitzing on 3rd down? The one time we did, we got
the stop by rushing the throw. Every other 3rd down situation, we
sat back any allowed the completion.
- The late hit on Welker was clearly a cheap shot by someone who was
pissed about what happened last year. The ball was clearly not
playable after being tipped and the DB took 2 steps before launching
himself into Wes. It's nice to see Welker get up but it cost him the
rest of the game and the streak of 6 catches per game.
- All 3 Thursday games. None were any good. Too bad they couldn't
have been flexed out.
- Ghost misses a gimme kick and I lose the fantasy week by 3. Sucks.
- I really want to see what Slater can do on kick returns but every
time he is back there, he fumbles. This causes BB not to trust him.
He gets another shot and the same thing happens. He is fast and was
dynamic in college. There is some sort of mental block going on.
- 3 fumbles in 9 plays is pretty ugly.