Re: [patriotzip] Re: It's the division or nothing, now

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2008
      Thanks for the correction on the Jets divisional record.

      So that common opponent would involve:
      Denver, Oakland, San Diego, and Kansas Cit (AFC West) as well as San Francisco, Arizona, Seattle and St. Louis.    We also will have the three way tie breaker potential if Miami wins and then that is different potentially too... let's hope it clears up with our winning out and others losing appropriately because until then it will be complicated and several of those opponents are the next three games for us.

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2008
        ***** There's no question that "the fat lady isn't singing" yet, Randy. I continue to have "hope". I just can't bring myself to have "positive expectations", in view of our clear defensive weaknesses this year. I am convinced that our offense, with the much improved play of Cassel, can score enough to win each of the 4 remaining games. And the Jets could certainly lose a tough Division game to either the Bills or Dolphins. For that matter, the Ravens could lose to both the Steelers and Cowboys.

        ***** I'll keep watching both the Patriots, AND the scoreboard, until the math can't be worked in our favor! When you think about, happy surprises are always more fun than simply meeting expectations, right? :-)

        George

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 1, 2008
          Hey Randy,
          I guess I have question.  Were my "frustration posts" during the game inappropriate to the list?  I understand it is your list and would like to try to stay within the guidelines.  I do like this group.  I'm am not trying to sound sarcastic.  I stand by my Ben Watson stinks comment, though.

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 2, 2008
            Your posts were perfect and I had no problem with your posts.  I didn't always agree but they were fine.

            Basically it's the barrage of  no content messages sent out by our trio of:
            We suck

            Yeah you are right, we really suck"

            - even those would be fine if they were rare and limitted in frustration.

            I've enjoyed having you on the list and hope to see more of you.  I always send a private off list message if I think someone has stepped over the line...and that's very rare

            Thanks for your concern and I hope you continue as you have!
            Randy----- Original Message -----
            Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 12:14 AM