Re: [patriotzip] Wooohoo! NOT!!!

    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 1, 2008
      At present I've not heard anyone who advocates that we would rather have a
      straight up exchange between Brady and Cassel. I certainly am looking
      forward to the benefits of Tom's return though I wouldn't use this game to
      change my position of general supportive surprise about Matt Cassel's
      performance this season. He did not have a good game yesterday though it
      was far superior to Brady's bottom five stinkers in his career. This
      doesn't touch that four interception Denver Melt down Brady had his first
      year for example. So while Cassel is certainly no Tom Brady at this point
      he might still be good enough to lead this team well if the rest of the team
      is ready to do their part also. This was a team loss far more than a Cassel
      loss and for every bad pass he threw there were matched poor plays bya key
      drop, blown block, missed tackle, fumbled kickoff etc. Cassel grades out
      poorly for the game but not even the worst performer on the day in my mind
      as that dishonor would have to go to Moss.

      Now can Matt replace him? Pretty well this season thus far but for our
      future it would have to take an awful lot more unbalanced aspects tipping
      towards Matt for it to be even remotely reasonable...and at present that's
      simply not something likely to happen so we should plan happily for Brady to
      be our player of the future and Matt to have a good contract offer with many
      teams who would be upgrading to make Cassel their starter.

      From: David Price

      Anyone still think Cassel can replace Brady? He has been making bad throws
      all day.