Re: The Bright side

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 1, 2008
      LOL! You need a little levity after a performance like that.
      And you could be right. We could lose McDaniels, and I'm not sold on
      Pees and Capers handling this D (even though the injuries have been
      pretty devastating). Could be some coaching changes coming.

      And can we finally think about a new ST coach? Seely just isn't
      getting it done. We can't cover kicks (bad angles, bad tackling), and
      have had very limited success in the return game.

      fdb

      --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "David Price" <castsashadow@...>
      wrote:

      > At least we could have Charlie Weiss and Romeo Crennel back next
      year.

      the bat, but I had faith that he'd learn and at least have a good
      season.
      > Nothing will replace the season we had last year or the other
      two Super Bowl seasons, but then I thought we were doomed when Brady
      was the replacement in the 2002 Super Bowl.
      > Darn, I think that he's just on the edge of doing really well
      but we're almost out of time for today and also for the season.
      > Doesn't help that the Jets and Fish are having good seasons too.

      down too. But the bad thing is that the fish (Eddie's loathsome team)
      > won too, darn it. Can anyone believe the season they're
      having? The Jills lost so they stay behind at the bottom at least.
      > This is our chance to pull at least into a tie and we might
      blow it....grrrr.

      Jets too. This blows.

      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 1, 2008
        At present I've not heard anyone who advocates that we would rather have a
        straight up exchange between Brady and Cassel. I certainly am looking
        forward to the benefits of Tom's return though I wouldn't use this game to
        change my position of general supportive surprise about Matt Cassel's
        performance this season. He did not have a good game yesterday though it
        was far superior to Brady's bottom five stinkers in his career. This
        doesn't touch that four interception Denver Melt down Brady had his first
        year for example. So while Cassel is certainly no Tom Brady at this point
        he might still be good enough to lead this team well if the rest of the team
        is ready to do their part also. This was a team loss far more than a Cassel
        loss and for every bad pass he threw there were matched poor plays bya key
        drop, blown block, missed tackle, fumbled kickoff etc. Cassel grades out
        poorly for the game but not even the worst performer on the day in my mind
        as that dishonor would have to go to Moss.

        Now can Matt replace him? Pretty well this season thus far but for our
        future it would have to take an awful lot more unbalanced aspects tipping
        towards Matt for it to be even remotely reasonable...and at present that's
        simply not something likely to happen so we should plan happily for Brady to
        be our player of the future and Matt to have a good contract offer with many
        teams who would be upgrading to make Cassel their starter.

        From: David Price