Wooohoo!

  • Tracy Goyette
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 30, 2008
      Awesome work, fabulous start.

      cheering by her lonesome,
      Tracy
    • David Price
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 30, 2008
        I feel the playoffs slipping away.  Denver is beating the Jets too.  This blows.

        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 30, 2008
          sigh, i'm groaning with you dave.
          2 touch downs and some cleaner defense are all we need... still a whole quarter to go.

          go Pats!

          tracy
          I feel the playoffs slipping away.  Denver is beating the Jets too.  This blows.

          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 30, 2008
            The wooohoo WAS a good start, one that I thought could hold up.
            IF we end up losing, that's good that the Jets might go down too. But the bad thing is that the fish (Eddie's loathsome team)
            won too, darn it. Can anyone believe the season they're having? The Jills lost so they stay behind at the bottom at least.
            This is our chance to pull at least into a tie and we might blow it....grrrr.

            I feel the playoffs slipping away.  Denver is beating the Jets too.  This blows.

            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 30, 2008
              Anyone still think Cassel can replace Brady?  He has been making bad throws all day.

              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 30, 2008
                I dunno - didn't look entirely like all those missed catches were his fault.  Yes, the low pass to Welker and a few short passes but some onus has to go to Moss for the end zone miss.

                Why is Matt Light having so much trouble blocking his guy??

                Go Pats!
                Tracy

                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 30, 2008
                  I don't want to put it all on Cassel, but he has been throwing behind the receivers today.  The Pats defense is showing it has just suffered too many personnel losses.  They are bending, bending, and breaking.

                  Message 8 of 12 , Nov 30, 2008
                    I never really thought he'd be an equal replacement right off the bat, but I had faith that he'd learn and at least have a good season.
                    Nothing will replace the season we had last year or the other two Super Bowl seasons, but then I thought we were doomed when Brady was the replacement in the 2002 Super Bowl.
                    Darn, I think that he's just on the edge of doing really well but we're almost out of time for today and also for the season.
                    Doesn't help that the Jets and Fish are having good seasons too.

                    Message 9 of 12 , Nov 30, 2008
                      I'd be crying in it after that last pick.  Sigh.
                      come on defense!!

                      Are they going to stick with cassell or throw O'connel in?

                      Message 10 of 12 , Nov 30, 2008
                        At least we could have Charlie Weiss and Romeo Crennel back next year.

                        Message 11 of 12 , Dec 1, 2008
                          LOL! You need a little levity after a performance like that.
                          And you could be right. We could lose McDaniels, and I'm not sold on
                          Pees and Capers handling this D (even though the injuries have been
                          pretty devastating). Could be some coaching changes coming.

                          And can we finally think about a new ST coach? Seely just isn't
                          getting it done. We can't cover kicks (bad angles, bad tackling), and
                          have had very limited success in the return game.

                          fdb

                          --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "David Price" <castsashadow@...>

                          Message 12 of 12 , Dec 1, 2008
                            At present I've not heard anyone who advocates that we would rather have a
                            straight up exchange between Brady and Cassel. I certainly am looking
                            forward to the benefits of Tom's return though I wouldn't use this game to
                            change my position of general supportive surprise about Matt Cassel's
                            performance this season. He did not have a good game yesterday though it
                            was far superior to Brady's bottom five stinkers in his career. This
                            doesn't touch that four interception Denver Melt down Brady had his first
                            year for example. So while Cassel is certainly no Tom Brady at this point
                            he might still be good enough to lead this team well if the rest of the team
                            is ready to do their part also. This was a team loss far more than a Cassel
                            loss and for every bad pass he threw there were matched poor plays bya key
                            drop, blown block, missed tackle, fumbled kickoff etc. Cassel grades out
                            poorly for the game but not even the worst performer on the day in my mind
                            as that dishonor would have to go to Moss.

                            Now can Matt replace him? Pretty well this season thus far but for our
                            future it would have to take an awful lot more unbalanced aspects tipping
                            towards Matt for it to be even remotely reasonable...and at present that's
                            simply not something likely to happen so we should plan happily for Brady to
                            be our player of the future and Matt to have a good contract offer with many
                            teams who would be upgrading to make Cassel their starter.

                            From: David Price