Re: [patriotzip] Re: Dave Thomas's Boneheaded Play

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 3, 2008
      We talked about this play a lot at my home.  Most folks believe he didn't know the play was over, didn't throw the block cheaply in any fashion and that it was simply incredibly unfortunate for him.  Worse for the team of course but ultimately it was a legitimate call albeit a little rough given the actual actions he made.  He was making a block, had an Emmy Award winning opponent and it got the Colts a needed call.  It was less grievous than the Gaffney drop which will haunt us.

      Sad to realize that ultimately Adam's 52 yard field goal was the margin...or that our missed and their made two pointer or...or...

      Fact is I thought it was a strong statement by our team - this one will hurt them for a long time but it doesn't hurt me that much because I think I saw the players of this team do a lot of good things.  It has made me very excited for the next three games as we play our entire division in three weeks...plenty of work ahead and hopefully it will pay rich rewards with the performances we showed by several folks today.  I put Thomas on the list of those who played well and won't deserve the guilt he feels.