RE: Re: RE: Re: [patriotzip] Patriots' Wilfork to be fined, not suspended for hit on Cutler

    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 31, 2008
      ***** Ahh, but such things DO enter into football, Mike. Players who gets reps (deserved or undeserved) for cheap shots get called for more "Personal Fouls". Players known to play physically in the secondary are called for "Illegal Contact", "Holding", and "PI" on more ticky-tack calls than others. Same with Offensive Holding in the pocket. And it also works in the favor of players who have "good reps". They get a pass on calls that would be made on others. Then, of course, there's the "amazing coincidence" that there are nearly always more penalties called on the visiting team than on the home team.

      George

      I'm a Patriots fan. My glass is always half full!

      From: George <patswingr@gmail. com>
      To: patriotzip@yahoogro ups.com
      Date: Thursday, October 30, 2008, 2:42 PM

      ***** I believe that the prejudice that Goodell has against the Patriots is ridiculously obvious. Wilfork's  hit on the Bills "nobody" QB was not as clearly an intent to hit the knees as was the shot on Brady. Yet Wilfork was fined, and the league summarily dismissed the hit on Brady, the top QB in the league. Goodell hates the Patriots, and is out to get them in any way that he can get away with.

      From: Don Diamant <jeepndd@metrocast. net>
      To: patriotzip@yahoogro ups.com, "'Patriots List'" <patriots@bosco. net>
      Date: Thursday, October 30, 2008, 4:07 AM

      According to this article on NFL.com:

      http://tinyurl. com/58o2k2

      Wilfork was summoned before Goodell after the Broncos claimed tape of New England's 41-7 win Oct. 20 showed Wilfork elbowing Cutler in the helmet.

      However, the tapes that were reviewed during the hearing did not show that clearly, upholding New England 's contention there was no intent to injure. They also showed Wilfork helping up Cutler and patting him on the back after the play.”

      Does this make any sense?  He wasn’t flagged for a personal foul on this.  They don’t have evidence of it.  Still he is fined for it?  Jay Cutler’s injury was to the hand not the head.  But yet no official word from the NFL office on the Pollard hit on Brady earlier in the season other than no penalty whatsoever with tape showing Pollard clearly taking out Brady’s Knee without a clear attempt to avoid it and the rules are that they have to make a clear effort to avoid contact below the waist..  Some sheriff Goodell makes.