RE: [patriotzip] Great game!

  • Laureen Mazalewski Modder
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 27, 2008
      The Giants only finished second in their division last year, so they wouldn't have to play any of the teams you mentioned based on that, since they all finished first in their divisions last year I believe.

      To: patriotzip@yahoogroups.com
      From: jeepndd@...
      Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 11:40:18 -0400
      Subject: RE: [patriotzip] Great game!

      You should check out the Giants schedule then if you think our schedule is soft.  How do the Superbowl Champs get away without having to play San Diego, New England, or Indianapolis?  They don’t even have Green Bay on their schedule.  I know that scheduling is done years in advance but in the past the NFL has left some flexibility in the scheduling from year to year but this year they don’t seem to have.  I guess that question is best asked of the NFL itself.

      Don

      From: Mike Benson <mbenson321@yahoo. com>
      To: patriotzip@yahoogro ups.com
      Date: Monday, October 27, 2008, 10:19 AM

      It is a pretty easy schedule, isn't it? Really just Pittsburg is strong. Miami popped the Buffalo bubble yesterday, not that I'd write them off, mind you.

      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 27, 2008

        Okay, so why aren’t the Giants playing the team they met in the NFC Championship?  Why aren’t the Giants playing the Packers?

        Don

        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 27, 2008
          the Giants didn't win their division, the Cowboys did, the Giants were second in their division and were a wild card team, so they play the second place team from the NFC North, not the first place team

          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 28, 2008
            Because the Packers finished first in the NFC North.  The Giants are playing the Vikings, who also finished second in their division.

            To: patriotzip@yahoogroups.com
            From: jeepndd@...
            Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 19:44:33 -0400

[...]

            When your life is on the go—take your life with you. Try Windows Mobile® today