Maroney and his "issues"

  • Rich Carreiro
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 10, 2008
    • Mike Benson
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 10, 2008
        Wow. I didn't think he was such an idiot. Issues? I wish I was picking up his kind of paycheck for playing a game I love 16 to 19 days a year.

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 10, 2008
          ***** OK, let's give him the benefit of the doubt, and assume that his injury is worse than we know. We certainly know that we never get the straight scoop on injuries from the team. If he is injured to the point that it is causing him to play as horribly as he's been playing, then BB deserves to be fried by all of us for putting a useless player on the field, and possibly risking further injury, or even endangering his career.

          ***** That said, history tells me that such is not the case, I can't recall any situation when BB put a player out there who was not physically able to contribute; or who risked more serious injury by doing so.

          ***** Therefore, until and unless I see evidence to the contrary at some time in the future, I'm putting this all on Maroney's heart, or  lack thereof. I have, for some time, been a strong critic of this kid. His interview did nothing to change that for me. I'd still trade him for mid-round draft pick ... or a cool new hoodie!

          George

          I'm a Patriots fan. My glass is always half full!

            recall any situation when BB put a player out there who was not
            physically able to contribute; or who risked more serious injury by
            doing so.

            ===

            Well, if No. 52 was to be believed, then BB sent Ted Johnson into a
            practice soon after Ted had been confirmed to have had a concussion.

            Erdoboy