Re: HOF hopefuls...

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 7, 2008
      I posted this a year and a half ago, and Randy astutely pointed out
      that I had somehow forgotten Vinatieri. Vrabel and Wilfork were also
      mentioned as possibles.

      The only reason I bring it up again now is that there seems to be
      another player that has toiled almost unnoticed, except to Pats fans.
      Another player who will be worthy of consideration when his time
      comes. That would be Kevin Faulk. Considering his versatility and
      contributions, I'd consider placing him in the probable category.

      fdb

      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 7, 2008
        Faulk will likely contend for the Pats HOF - though there will be much contest at the time he retires and waits the requisite five years.  Still he's absolutely shown himself to be more than anticipated.

        I'm still amazed when I think that JR Redmond did the Faulk role in that final SB 36 drive - and yet he was replaced by Faulk one year later...and clearly that was the right choice.