Re: [patriotzip] Favre & the Jets

  • Jane Smyth
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 2, 2008
      That's exactly the way I saw the hit happen too!

      From: johnknowles1 <johnknowles1@ yahoo.com>
      Subject: [patriotzip] Favre & the Jets
      To: patriotzip@yahoogro ups.com
      Date: Monday, September 29, 2008, 5:02 PM

      I watched Favre match Joe Namath's record yesterday by throwing 6 TDs.
      He had never done that before, which surprised me. The Jets put up 56
      points and certainly didn't look like the same team that got spanked
      by the Chargers last Monday night. Now they go into a bye, giving
      Favre the time he needs to get up to speed on what's left of the
      playbook. These guys could be turning the corner. Between them and
      Buffalo (not to mention that Miami team that actually beat us), we
      have a lot of challenges ahead -- in our division alone.

    • Don Diamant
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 2, 2008

        There is risk involved with every play.  I never want to see any team quit just because there is risk involved.  I don’t even like the kneel downs that are taken when a team has more points and there is little time left.

        I like the way the AFL does it.  In the last minute of the half if the team in possession of the ball doesn’t gain positive yardage the clock stops.  That to me would be a welcome addition to the NFL rules.  It certainly would make the games more exciting.