Re: [patriotzip] kudos for Matt Cassel

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 8, 2008
      To the Foxboro Faithful's credit they cheered for him on his emergence and never showed signs of that hostile crowd you mention.  Don't get me wrong, I think they would have been quick to turn on him but they did not.  It might have helped that his first pass was a perfect 51 yard strike to Moss from the endzone and that he led us down the field for a 98 yard TD drive.

      He made several key plays on third down and had a good game all around doing as you suggest which is to say doing most of what they asked of him and doing it well enough.

      reeling,
      Zip

      Came in cold and did what a backup quarterback is supposed to do in front
      of a stadium full of hostile fans after a preseason that had just about
      everyone, including myself, wondering if he could complete a pass in anger
      if Brady ever went down. The man has some grit.

      Harry