Re: Jackson wanted out of NE?

  • kmacalp@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 5, 2008
      Actually, when Bill Belichick was on WEEI on Monday, he praised Jackson's work ethic and the effort Jackson put into preparing for the season. Unfortunately, the other guys were just better. That's it.  He said that Jackson has a lot of ability and might click in another system better than he did here. Belichick also defended Jackson from criticism, and said that if anything, the fault lay with him (Belichick) and the rest of the staff for missing on Jackson, and not making things work better.

      Of course, let's not forget that when we drafted Jackson, we didn't have Moss or Welker. We didn't even have Gaffney who proved far better than expected. Then once you get down that depth chart, the versatility of a Ventrone or a Slater gets really important. (Plus, Ventrone looked really good as a receiver in the pre-season anyway.) We've gone from a depleted receiving corp in '05 to one that's jam packed with talent.

      Scott Sheaffer