More Capers WAS Re: Not very optimistic.

  • Scott Sheaffer
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 30, 2008
      Some more thoughts about Dom Capers. I stopped short on my previous
      post. Like I said, Capers is technically coaching the defensive backs,
      but he's known for designing pressure packages. Now, the Pats did very
      little blitzing this pre-season. That has me wondering if they held off
      because the coaching staff came up with some new stuff. Why show this
      stuff in the pre-season and give the rest of the league an extra month
      to the figure it out? Why give them four extra filmed games to study
      what we're doing? Why not keep it under wraps even if it puts the Pats
      at a competitive disadvantage in the preseason?

      Scott Sheaffer