Re: [patriotzip] My take on LB's in Thursday's game

  • machado.nicholas@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 30, 2008
      I agree Don. As I said after the third PS game I think there is a real good chance Junior will get the call at some point this season not just for his experience but for his play calling ability on the field ala Rodney Harrison. Wouldn't hurt to have another with his experience at practice working with the kids too.

      Harry

      At 12:23 PM 8/30/2008 -0400, you wrote:

      I think Mayo shows promise of being a great linebacker but that said he made a lot of mistakes on Thursday.  He constantly misread schemes and was only good for helping to clean up by finishing tackles when faster smaller players made the stop but couldn t finish the tackle.  His passing coverage was what he was worst at failing to recognize pass schemes far too late that he should have been able to stop for losses.  I think Mayo is ready to play in regular season games I just can t see us starting Mayo in the regular season unless we plan to give up a few games this season.  In my opinion we sign Seau or some other veteran LB or plan to loose an extra game or two due to a porous defense created by inexperienced rookies who frequently blow coverages.  Yes, we got younger at linebacker to bring in some speed but what good is that speed if these players don t know what to do with that speed?  I seem to be the only one not worried about our veteran linebackers but I know what I see and these young guys are good but they just aren t ready yet.

      Don